Cruz LIMITED WARRANTY
A. CONTENT OF LIMITED WARRANTY
1. Velocity Micro Inc (“Cruz”) warrants hardware products against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase (“Warranty Period”). The customer is responsible for keeping all original proof of purchase documents during this time. The Warranty Period on select devices labeled as "Factory Refurbished” and sold via select vendors will be ninety (90) days from the date of purchase. Transmission of these original proof of purchase documents to Cruz will be required prior to receiving warranty services.
2. Concerning software products, Cruz Limited Warranty applies only to a failure to execute programming instructions. Cruz does not guarantee the operation of any product will be uninterrupted or error free.
3. Cruz Limited Warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the product, and does not apply to:
- a. Improper or inadequate maintenance, shipping & packaging material, or modification;
- b. Software, interfacing, media, parts, and supplies not provided or supported by Cruz
4. If Cruz receives, during the applicable Warranty Period, notice of a defect in any hardware product, which is covered by Cruz’s warranty, Cruz will either repair the product using new or refurbished replacement parts or replace the defective product with new or like-new product of the same model with the same functionality as the original unit.
If Cruz is unable to repair or replace the defective product, the customer will either be offered a comparable model* (if available) or will be refunded the purchase price of the defective product. When a product is exchanged, any replacement item becomes the property of the customer and the replaced item becomes Cruz’s property. (* whose functionality is at least equal to that of the product being replaced.)
5. Cruz shall have no obligation to replace or refund a defective product until the customer returns the defective product to Cruz.
6. Cruz is not responsible (i) for any data stored on the returned products. Customers should backup his/her data prior to shipping the unit back to Cruz. Hard drives and devices which include a hard disk or other memory storage system will be reformatted during the repair process (even if the repair is not related to the hard drive itself) and will not include the customer’s data when it is returned. (ii) for protecting the confidentiality of any data on a product sent in for repair.
7. To get the latest updates and information about your Cruz, recommend that you register your warranty. Please visit https://support.zoho.com/portal/velocitymicro/PortalLoginPage.do to register now and stay up to date!
8. Cruz’s limited warranty is only valid in Canada and the United States of America.
9. Cruz does not warrant against damages incurred to the LCD screen. Devices returned with broken LCD screen will be evaluated by a Cruz technician who will determine if such damage falls within the scope of product neglect or misuse and hence whether or not it is guaranteed.
10. Cruz’s limited warranty is only valid for the original Cruz owner and is not transferrable. Purchasers of Cruz units sold through unauthorized resellers (ie: ebay, pawn shops, craigslist, goodwill, trading post, auctions, liquidation sales, private individual, etc.) are considered secondary owners to which the warranty does not transfer.
B. LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY
To the extent allowed by local law, neither Cruz nor its third party suppliers make any other warranty or condition of any kind, whether expressed or implied, with respect to the Cruz products, and specifically disclaim the implied warranties of conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose.
C. LOCAL LAW
This Warranty Statement gives the customer specific legal rights. The customer may also have other rights that vary from state to state in the United States. To the extent that this Warranty Statement is inconsistent with such local law, this Warranty Statement shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain disclaimers and limitations of this Warranty Statement may not apply to the customer. For example, some states in the United States may: preclude the disclaimers and limitations in this Warranty Statement from limiting the statutory rights of a consumer; restrict the ability of a manufacturer to enforce such disclaimers or limitations; or grant the customer additional warranty rights, specify the duration of implied warranties which the manufacturer cannot disclaim, or not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties.